25.12.06

crispy "oysters"

Note the quotation marks. What I mean by "oysters" is oyster mushroom or Pleorotus ostreatus (betul ga Cy, nama latinnya?), one of common mushrooms that people normally consume as food or drugs (CMIIW). Anyway, I went to KLCC yesterday to buy a book in Kinokuniya. During my way home, I intended to buy some cemilan to accompany me working on my assignment or watching TV. So before I headed to LRT station, I went to a supermarket there and I ran into this mushroom when I'm wandering in the vegetables section. Suddenly I remember that I used to eat this kind of mushroom as a soup or snacks back then, and it was really nice. So I thought the instant way to process this mushroom. I can't cook this as a soup, it's too tedious for me. How about snacks? Suddenly this fried-crispy-oyster-mushroom idea came across my mind. Yup, that's it. It's very simple and all I had to do is to buy the instant crispy flour which is normally used to cook fried chicken.

The following is how I simply did it:
  • Prepare 2 plates for egg and flour to be put on, respectively, and off course, the mushrooms.
  • Break the egg and put it on a plate, and then shake it.
  • Put the crispy flour on the other plate.
  • Heat the cooking oil with medium flame. We can also add a teaspoon of margarine into the cooking oil, just to make it taste juicy and greasy.
  • Dip the mushrooms into the egg until it's totally covered, then dip them in to the flour until it's totally covered as well.
  • Deep fry the flour-covered mushrooms until they turn brown.
It tastes nice, but with a little bit bitter taste. Hmmm, probably I should've boiled the mushrooms first... hehehe

No comments: