1.12.06

sleepy & daydreaming

This week is totally sleepy week. Almost everyday in this week I fell asleep or at least nodded off during lectures. The lectures were fine, in fact, I was looking forward to these lecture series. The lecturer is also OK, and is a very nice guy. He's a senior physicist in radiotherapy department of Royal Perth Hospital, and is currently teaching us radiotherapy physics until the end of next week. But eventhough these lectures are interesting, my eyes always reject to cooperate during every lecture. Unlike other lectures (oops), I was trying so hard to stay awake. Moving my body around, asking something to the lecturer, - doesn't matter if it's a silly question-, writing notes, were some of my way in overcoming this damn sleepy disease. Normally I don't drink coffee, but one day I purposedly drank 2 glasses of coffee before the lecture. What happened next? I still nodded off many times. I should've known that coffee somehow won't affect my metabolism at all, and I don't know why. And no matter how hard I try, my fellas always find me falling asleep during lectures.. uhhh! Once they saw me sleeping like a baby during research method course last September. In that case, I admit that I didn't even try to stay awake. The speaker's voice was like a lullaby, I sat on a cozy seat and the air-con was perfect. And they laughed at me...

This week has also raised me hope. Hope of the future. At the first lecture last Monday, the lecturer informed us that the hospital he works for is offering PhD projects in radiotherapy physics. The next day, I had this opportunity to have lunch with him and other fellas. I asked him about the projects and the possibility to get the scholarship. He replied positively and promised me to give the projects list. Yesterday he gave me the list and the names of supervisors in charge of each projects. One of the projects involves BEAM code which I find very interesting because I used that code to do Monte Carlo simulation in my undergraduate final project.

OK.... I'm dreaming too much! I haven't started writing my master dissertation and now I'm daydreaming about taking PhD in Perth??? Get real Fadil!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, what is it, dil? is there something wrong with dreaming to go on with PhD stuff in Perth? we all have daydreaming, right?

like me who always wants to go to NUS, someday.

it's a good thing to have, you know, the day dreamin