22.11.06

Finally...

Finally, final exam is over today... and I don't feel too happy about it. Yeah, I could've done better if I forced myself to study harder. Unfortunately my driving force was not that hard. Uh, it's really difficult to revolutionize my habit. This damn habit to pile up every job that come to me. That's right, I'm a true big fat procrastinator, and I'm not proud of it. Even though I answered lots of questions, but still.. I could've done better than that. Like yesterday when I stumbled with a question about Compton scattering. The question was to find the angle of scattered electron undergoes the Compton scattering. I was blurred, didn't know how to answer that actually quite simple problem. In fact, I was able for quite many times deriving the Compton equation during my undergraduate (my undergraduate record: redid mechanics 2 times and quantum physics 1 time... it was helluva time). And yesterday I felt like a true born loser... really embarrassing for a physics degree holder :(


And finally, I met her... Nuyiii, my virtual-friend-for-around-2-years. She's UI fresh-graduated from psychology faculty. She was on a vacation trip to KL with her parents. Fortunately, her dad is a neurologist who attended a conference in KL Convention Centre plus 4-days tour package in KL and Genting Highlands. They arrived last Wednesday, and she asked me to meet up the next day. But I felt too risky considering the first day exam on Friday. However, finally we met up last Saturday afternoon at KLCC. Her parents offered me to join them having dinner in Seri Melayu Restaurant. Such an irresistible offer that I definitely couldn't resist. Her parents were very nice to me, and her dad asked me this FAQ about my field of study. Yesss, medical physics is a relatively new field, even for doctors, especially in developing countries like Indonesia and Malaysia. But this field actually is already established since 1970's in developed countries such as UK and US (especially since the revolutionary invention of CT-scan). After dinner, I chit-chatted with Nuyi at her hotel lobby. We talked a lot, and it was fun talking to her... until the waitress 'kindly' asked us to empty the sofa, since we were too cheapskate to order drink, hehehe. Well Nuy, til we meet again, somewhere... sometime :)

No comments: