11.11.06

home-flu

I guess it started when I was in Soekarno-Hatta Airport, prior to leaving Jakarta back to KL, 3 days ago. I was having sore throat and a little dizziness. However, I couldn't resist prof's offer to have soto ayam dinner in one of the food stalls there. Wow, apparently he was quite familiar with this indonesian popular cuisine. I carelessly ordered a glass of ice tea and ignored my pityful and annoying sore throat. It was funny when I saw prof, Mr Tan and my 2 coursemates eating their soto ayam. They repetitively poured the kuah onto the rice... very exhausting way of eating, I might say. Then I told them to mix the rice with the soto. "See, this is the correct way to eat soto ayam." "OK lorr, I better follow the local", said Mr Tan. Then I saw him and prof start mixing their rice with soto. But my fellow coursemates decided not to do that, and I didn't ask why.

In the plane, my sore throat got worse (damn ice tea!). Somehow, it didn't affect my appetite at all. I was still excited when the aircrews started serving the meals (sorry ya, I didn't take that cheapskate-everyone-can-fly flight this time). Suddenly, one of the stewardesses asked my 2 coursemates, Rainbow and Joon to confirm that they ordered special meals. They innocently replied that they didn't order any of that. The fact was, Rainbow did make a mistake to order "low-fat meal" when she online booked the flight together with Joon. Later on the stewardess came to them with a piece of paper containing passengers information. "You are Yeong Chai Hong and Tan Joon Ching, right? Yes, you ordered special low-fat meals. Here are the meals, enjoy!" Oops, they couldn't run away with that, and had to accept their meals, hahaha. And like the typical low-fat food, they had almost-tasteless boiled noodle and asparagus. Prof and me had this quite delicious chicken fettucine, and I looked at Mr Tan's meal, seemed it was rice with chicken, and I think my meal was better than his. Rainbow and Joon didn't finish their meals, and I offered them to let me finish 'em (dasar gembulll!).

The next day, my sore throat transformed to annoying cough and watery nose. I keep coughing and my nose was unstoppably watering. This salty fluid (ok, I accidentally tasted it when it flowed to my mouth) kept dropping all the time. It was like crying, but instead of your eyes dropping tears, it's your nose. Yesterday, my tongue and olfactory nerves became numb. I barely couldn't taste or smell anything. In the afternoon, I ate at KLCC Sushi King with my new friend Alice (in Wonderland). From all the food there, I only succeed to taste the wasabi in my tongue. Probably because of its burning taste, but I like it. Alice doesn't like it, and my brother once told me that it tastes like scorpion, hahaha. Even when we were walking through the perfume stalls, the salesguys sprayed their perfumes at us, and I couldn't smell it at all, while she was coughing after smelling the perfume aroma.

And today, I keep coughing. Don't know why, I feel very lazy to take medication. Nenek told me to take the cough syrup, and I haven't taken it til now. You know what, at the first time I came here from home, I also had this kind of flu. And now I'm having it again after coming back from home. Rainbow said that I might be homesick. May be I am. I really miss home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gw baru baca posting ini.. untung udah sembuh ya pas ketemu gw. well, ironis emang betapa u missed your home, dan betapa gw berada di dreamland ketika disana..